Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How to Start My Very First Post... ?


OK, that turned out to be a harder question to answer than I anticipated...


It involved me creating a blog then logging in and logging out repeatedly whilst I waited for inspiration to strike, agonized over what to write, attempted to write drafts, jotted down notes etc etc…

Then I thought, “Bugger it, I doubt anyone will read this anyway!”

So, rather in the same vein as ripping off a bandaid quickly to get it off with minimal pain (an old wives tale if I ever heard one – it still bloody kills!!), I have plunged in recklessly and let my mind ramble onto this post.


...My mind ramble… never a good thing… See, my mind follows what my friends have described as: “The Laser Pointer Effect.” Basically, imagine standing in a hall of mirrors and pointing a laser at one mirror – then watch as the laser bounces from mirror randomly, erratically and crazily. That, folks, is my mind: crazy, jumping and random :)

I suppose I should let you know what you’re getting yourself into if you read this blog :)

Well, this blog will be my ramblings on life…

…on fashion (one of my great loves and passions)…

…on food (another of my great loves, believe it not – most people irritatingly opt for the “not” option, which isn’t actually surprising considering my 160cm height and the fact that I barely tip the scales at 40kgs…)…

…and basically everything that my bored mind conjures while I try and fill in time at work. Yep, at work. I’m a receptionist and half the time I surf the net in a desperate attempt to amuse myself and keep the boredom from causing my brain to melt…

Oh, and, you know, occasionally I do actually do work as well… ;)

Now, about me. Ugh. I hate writing facts about myself. So lets just throw some random stuff out there:

~ I’m 18
~ I work as a receptionist
~ I’m starting university in two months for a Bachelor of Communications, majoring in Performance Studies
~ I want to become an actress (shallow, no? ;))
~ I’ve been a strict vegetarian for 2 years and am trying to become a vegan (I say “trying” because I do so well, then I go to Mum and Dad’s house and my brother – a former dessert chef – places an array of very much non-vegan cakes on the table and… well… my willpower decides to take a slight, brief (and delicious!) vacation…)
~ I live out of home with my boyfriend of over 1 year and his twin brother. Can you say overload of testosterone? Can you say “housemaid”?... :/
~ I drink far too much wine. Pft, what am I saying? You can never have too much vino! ;)
~ I spent the past to months backpacking around Europe using the Eurail and covered London, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Florence, Venice, Salazberg, Munich, Prague, Vienna, Berlin, Copenhagen and Sweden – it was possibly the most amazing and life changing experience of my life :)


...It also left me pretty much broke lol...

I think that’s enough information for now. I have sufficiently bored and scared you off. All in one post. Quite an achievement if I do say so myself :)

In any case, real posts will begin tomorrow, this afternoon… whenever I can!

Ciao for now, mes aimes!

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment